January 29, 2010

It's gonna be a good day!

Ok, I still have yet to take pictures to post, BUT it will happen. So let me give you a quick update on the past week. Last weekend, I went home for Sundance...I also planned on picking up my precious pup Monday morning in Ogden, on my way back from my "supposed to be awesome" weekend. On the way down, Garret and I reached Ogden when we started hearing this rattling in my car. If you know me well, you know that I have the WORST luck with cars ever! There is hardly a long distance trip where I don't encounter some kind of problem.

After driving a few miles on this rattling noise, we noticed it getting louder and louder...to the point of 5th gear sounding like a lawn mower engine. So, I call my brilliant car savvy father who tells me to pull over and open the hood. Do you know what I saw? Nada. I can understand the underside of a car about as much as I can read a book in Egyptian characters. It didn't look like anything was out of place though to report to my dad, so we decided I could carry on, but driving the rest of the way in 4th gear.

When we finally reached my house, my dad took the 4runner for a spin concluding that the transmission was going out. Fantastic. The silver 4runner was my 3rd car up in Idaho. Cost of repairs: $1250. Well, seeing as how I had about 600 dollars in my bank account, repairing the poor truck was not an option. So, I hopped on KSL classifieds and found myself a little '95 Honda Civic. It's in pretty fair condition, lots of miles, but the guy who was selling it was a mechanic. Pretty nifty huh. He was moving to Florida in a week and was willing to give me the car for $700 if I took it out of his driveway that day. Deal. Dad paid the other hundred (thanks Dad!).

Sundance wasn't really an option for the weekend, seeing as how I didn't have a car and we were snowed in pretty badly. We went one evening for an hour or so, and after our feet were frozen, decided to call it quits. The remainder of the weekend was spent watching movies, playing games, and chillin with the fam.

So Monday rolls around and I can hardly contain my excitement to pick up my puppy. I had told the lady on Thursday that I would be in Ogden around 10am to pick up the puppy, and would call her that morning. Well, Monday morning, Garret and I called her 33 freakin times with no answer! Her sister finally called us back to tell us that she had sold the puppy to someone else. Lame. My heart sank and we continued back to Idaho (33 miles to the gallon I might add).

So that brings me to today. I have found a new little puppy to adopt, and he will be arriving in Rexburg around 5pm today! Also, my iphone gets fixed today. AND I just ate a scrumptious breakfast at the Marriott. AND my best friend Jon is coming to visit! It’s gonna be a good day :)

1 comment:

Jane Isfeld Still said...

So cute an d I love your blog. What a great title. The tip of my tongue. WOW