August 23, 2011

Dear Forest Gump

Dear Forest Gump,
I hate running. In fact, I don't think hate is a strong enough word for my feelings towards it. You see, I have a desk job. A very good one in fact where they feed me several times a day, take me to fancy restaurants, hold weekly events catered with delicious food. You see Forest, I love food. I don't care what kind of chocolate I pull from a box as long as it's chocolate. However, this has become a problem...I'm going on a cruise this weekend. A week long getaway to Jamaica where I will be wearing a swimsuit in front of possibly several cute boys.

So, last week upon my return from California, I decided to eat healthy for my two weeks home, while exercising frequently to lose a few pounds. Then I talked to my cousin on Saturday at my family reunion. She just had a baby...and she's tiny! I asked her, "how do you do it???" Her reply was an 8 mile run every morning?!?!?! That's fantastic? But what if I hate running? I don't mind the part of getting all ready to work out. I don't even mind the gym. However, whenever I approach running, I have this mentality every time that I will succeed in running the entire distance that I plan on covering. How hard could it be?

Let me tell you, it sucks. After about my first two minutes on the road, the only thing I can think about is how much I hate it, and want to stop. I keep trying to convince myself that if I do it every day, I will eventually like it. Well, it's been two weeks and I still hate it. I know that your way of coping with a break up results in you running across the country. Props to you for that. However, if it were me, I'd stick to a pint of ice cream and a chick flick.

Sincerely,
Jenica

2 comments:

Jason and Bria said...

haha that was funny. i feel the same way!

Chad and Elizabeth said...

I've started running and I hear ya! I hate it! I almost bought a nike shirt from ross the other day that had pretty writing across the front... "Running Sucks" haha. Good luck! Who knows maybe we will fall in love with it and run a marathon together one day (yeah right... I'd rather die I think than run a marathon). Try googling Couch to 5k... thats what I am about to try to see if it will get any easier for me! Good luck!