September 26, 2010

My visit to Rexytown :)

So on a spur of the moment whim, I decided to take my two days off and visit Rexburg :) I called up my little newly married sissy and said "I'm crashing at your place and staying in the room that has my name painted over it!" One bus ride later, I was picked up at the side of the Hart building with my hair pulled back and messy, sweat pants, and wrinkles on my face from my pillow.

And do you know what? Rexburg has gotten significantly cooler than when I left. What the heck? The REX FINALLY went out of business and Fat Cats took over. It's about time! They actually had money to do something cool with the place. There is a full mini golf course, nerf gun room, and updated everything! They're even going to put in IMAX theaters :)

Then I went to Sammys; a new Rexburg burger joint. For once, I actually think that a small College Ave. restaurant wont go out of business. Cocoa Bean has been doing well too! So, saw a concert at Sammys, got Cocoa Bean, went to lunch with Rachelle and Chelsey at Craigos, had dinner at Original Thai (I splurged on eating this weekend!) Even made Creme Brulee with Jess and visited a bunch of friends.

Other sidenote. Rexburg is an awesome place to visit for 2 days...not to live in for more than 5 years :P But I insist you go to Sammys and eat their sweet potato fries. Yum. For all you other Rexbugians, enjoy the fall while you can because I predict hibernation is coming soon.

1 comment:

Chad and Elizabeth said...

We have Sammy's here in Provo but I haven't been yet... I've been dying to they their hamburgers and shakes! Come down and we'll go!